To: leica-users
Subject: Canon SC 19mm f3.5, flare?, lenshade?
From: Michael R. Volow <ecsvax!mvolo@uncecs.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 92 22:58:28 -0400
Cc: ecsvax!y@uncecs.edu

I have a Canon SM 19mm f3.5 which I use in a Leica adapter on my M2. It's a
nice lens, but seems to have a bit of flare when the sun is off to one side of
the subject. I assume this is par for a true wide angle (non-retrofocus)
vintage 19677 or so (when I bought the lens in Japan). Pre-multicoating.

Does anyone know whether a lens shade exists for this lens. I cut a 55mm
thread rubber lens shade down for the lens, but the metal lens shade ring
still vignettes slightly. Is anyone aware of any 55mm thread lens shades for
wide angles? Thanks in advance.
Replied:  3 Sep 92 19:15