To: jan@dcs.qmw.ac.uk
Subject: Re: begining user questions
From: Gordon Banks <geb@dsl.pitt.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 1994 17:02:48 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

On Fri, 7 Oct 1994 jan@dcs.qmw.ac.uk wrote:

> >1)  Recommendations on which camera.
> Which Leica to take cycling?  Well, much as I love my IIIf, it needs
> an additional viewfinder to make composition anything other than a pain.
> Its e.r.c. doesn't allow you to leave a finder on, so I wouldn't
> recommend it for fiddling about on a bicycle.  The M3 gives you
> a lifesize image which is really nice.  A IIIf is a nicer size so
> if that appeals, then the answer is a IIIg.  I still hanker after a IIIg
> even though I'm now thinking of buying and could afford an M6 and
> some additional lenses.

With collector interest and IIIg prices what they are, I'd hesitate to
take one into rough service.  The IIIf is my choice for that and has held
up for me since 1969 in this capacity.

Gordon Banks  N3JXP      |"I do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men
geb@cadre.dsl.pitt.edu   | of old.  I seek the things they sought."  Basho

Replies: Reply from Chris Kantarjiev <cak@parc.xerox.com> (Re: begining user questions)