To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Leica list server)
Subject: 28mm Elmarit-R
From: thurn@aloft.att.com (Stefan Thurnhofer)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 09:31:27 -0400 (EDT)

>According to Quest Electronics inc.:
>>
>>Hi All
>>
>>     I am about to buy a medium wide angle lens for my Leica R5.  I
>>would be interested in hearing your thoughts on a 35mm f2 as compared
>>to a 28mm f2.8.

I bought a used Elmarit R 28mm f/2.8 a few months ago and I am
pretty happy with it.  The 35mm lens didn't seem to give me enough
coverage and the <= 21mm lenses are too wide.  The only problem that
I have with it is that I cannot use my 55mm filters.  With an adapter
ring the lens hood doesn't fit anymore.  As an alternative you might
wait until the new version of this lens becomes readily available in
the U.S.  It has a 55mm filter diameter and is supposed to be
optically superior.

Stefan Thurnhofer
AT&T Bell Labs