To: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Fwd: Re: M3 DS problems, questions
From: Jack Hamilton <0002022804@mcimail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 96 22:15 EST

-- [ From: Jack Hamilton * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

Pablo:

Having been a Leica owner/user (but not a conscious collector) and pro.photog
for over 30-years...(where does that put me on the "age question?")---may I
suggest that you go through a Leica dealer and have them send your m-3 to Leica
repair on the east coast. You may simply ask them for an estimate...and then
decide what you want to do after you get it.

I have found them to be quite reasonable over the years...and I would not
hesitate to have them do the work...and their price might pleasantly suprise
you...I would certainly recommend going right to the "source"---why deal with
someone who was "formally" trained by...or "used" to work for...

Go for the "real thing, if the price is right!!!"

At any rate, an "estimate" is a safe and cautious way to go, especially if you
want to avoid unpleasant surprises...

My "two cents" (with inflation, make that three cents!!!)

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
202-2804@mcimail.com