To: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: RE: M6 Suggestion Box
From: "Ohtonen Pasi (NTC/Helsinki)" <ohtonen@SWSGEN01ES.NTC.nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 96 12:50:00 eet
Encoding: 38 TEXT

Hello to everybody!

This is my first posting to this list.
To introduce myself, I started photographing in late '70s with
a rangefinder Yashica GSN, bought then a Nikon SLR and now I'm
considering a move to Leica M -series camera - most propably the
Leica M6.
People, scenes and travel photography are of my main interest.
    My biggest complaint with modern SLR is the size - nowadays I leave
my camera home much too often just because of the size and weight.
On the other hand, the high end compact cameras don't have the
flexibility I need from my camera so they won't fit either - hence Leica.

But about the actual topic of the post...

Adrian Tanovic wrote:
> If Leica were to update the design of the M6, what sorts of things would
you
> suggest?  Conceding the many features that are great about it, you must
have

Since I haven't yet been too much involved with Leica cameras,
I suppose I can give comments from "outsiders" point of view.

> 3) Make the viewfinder a bit more friendly for people with eyeglasses.
 The

I'll second that. It  is very unconvinient, if you're photographing slides
(like I do)
and you wear eyeglasses (like I do).

 - Self-timer, which was available in the earlier models.
 - More sensitive metering cell.

Perhaps also faster flash sync speed for those using fill-flash.

Pasi Ohtonen