To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Trade 135/4 for 90/2.8
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 19:24:30 -0500 (EST)

        I have a very precious Tele-Elmar-M 1:4/135 mm that I would consider
trading for a 90mm Elmarit-M f:/2.8 (or possibly some other permutation of
lenses/shades).  As much as I love this lens, I find that it is simply a
length I use extremely infrequently as to which its condition clearly attests.
        The lens is the predecessor of the latest version which means the
head is removeable for Visoflex use.  The lens comes with the original case,
shade, caps, box...even the plastic bag in which it was wrapped! Serial
number is 3415685.  The difficulty in making an offer for such a trade is
that this equipment is truly mint (and I know the difference!).  It appears
to be unused (which is almost the case anyway).  Even the box looks like it
came right off the shelf.  The value of this lens would be about the same as
for a latest version of the 90/2.8 -mint/used (I've checked).  So if anyone
would prefer this length let me know.  I might be willing to consider a swap
for an earlier 2.8 plus a Hecktor 135 (for the rare occasions I would use a
135) or for a 90/2.0.
        P.S. I'm not posting this on the newsgroups...only offering to folks
on our list.

Curt