To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: a correction
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 16:28:29 -0400
Cc: Arthur Wouk <wouk@alumni.cs.colorado.edu>

To quote the definitive work on Postwar Zeiss Ikon cameras, the _Zeiss
Compendium_ -- which I wrote with Charlie Barringer! -- "These [Contax RF]
cameras remained in production until 1962."

But Zeiss Ikon continued with camera production for ten more years,
admittedly, concentrating on the Contaflex and Contarex SLR systems and with
Voigtlander's Icarex SLR's.  However, a bunch of RF cameras were produced,
as well -- the (Contessa) S312 wasn't INTRODUCED until 1972, and was to
continue in production under the Voigtlander name for some five or six years
thereafter.  And, yes, it DID have an RF!  (And I'm looking for one, if
anyone has one for sale!)

The passing of Zeiss Ikon from camera production was a sad event, but let's
keep the event in its perspective, please!

Marc
msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!