To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: ZOOAN vs. 14071
From: Clevenson2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 12:47:35 -0400

  Can anyone out there help me determine the difference between the ZOOAN
(short focusing mount for the 135 f4.5 Hektor lens head) and Leitz part 14071
(short focusing mount for the 135 Elmar f4 lens head)?
  I have a ZOOAN and discovered that the threads on both the Hektor and Elmar
lens heads are the same: they will both screw into the ZOOAN. I tried this
using a bayonet mount Elmar I saw at a swap meet over the weekend. The
pictures I have seen of the 14071 look just like a ZOOAN.
  I don't  own a screw-mount 135 Elmar (yet), but when I eventually find one,
I would like to be able to use it with a viso I.
  Is there an obvious way to differentiate the two focusing mounts? Are they
really different?

Corey Levenson