To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Some ===> Favorite films/processing
From: Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 18:10:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Eric Welch wrote:

> I learned from some of the best in the business (photojournalism) and
> consider it only my duty to pass on what little I learned from it. <g>

	Well, please continue to do so!  I have heard great things about
the TMax films from others as well:  they do really sound like the way
to go if you have the right facilities.  I am sure that many of their
properties, including their long, even, tonal scale, would really
complement the properties of our Leica gear.  If you have any suggestions
as to how we might get similar results from them in a home darkroom, I
for one would be most interested to hear them.  HP5+ is really great
stuff, but if I would get that little extra bit of sharpness and fine
grain, I would probably go for it.

Gary Toop