Subject: Re: Frame 39 (was Re: born again)
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <uzs13b@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 10:25:59 +0000

> > With my M6, I can get the first exposure at frame 0, and can usually get 39
> > exposures on a 36 exp roll.  This is a benefit not usually brought up in
> > discussions of the relative merits of Leica vs. auto loading cameras.  My
> > Minolta 9xi will give me 36 exposure, period.  So my Leica saves me 10% in
> > film costs!

Well, I don't think this is really an argument for an amateur who is not
shooting to much rolls per week. Compare this to the cost of the
whole system and you know what I mean. For a pro security is more of
an issue I think.

> I often get 39 frames too, but I find it annoying.

Me too. Loosing one exposed frame because of trouble in the lab
is a catastrophy in comparison with not exposing 10% of the film.
I expose 36 frames per roll fullstop.
That is what I payed for btw.

regards
- --
Stefan Kahlert
Wissenschaftliche Abteilung der
Medizinischen Poliklinik der Universitaet Bonn
uzs13b@uni-bonn.de