Subject: Help with Trading Summicron 50 for Summicron 35
From: "Nicolas Levinton" <nicolev@jet.es>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 13:32:05 +0100

Hi friends.

I have been thinking a lot of it, and realized that for most of the work =
I do, which includes a lot of close shots in rooms, the 50 is kind of =
limitating to me. Therefore I need to trade it for a 35 mm of equivalent =
speed.
The only one that I found used here in Madrid, is a 35 mm Summicron made =
in Canada (sn: 3062796). The dealer asks me to give him something like =
220 U.S$ and my inmaculate 50mm for his 35mm. It is obviously been used =
a lot, but is in good condition.=20
When you close the diaphragm to 2.0 you can see, looking through the =
front, that the blades are a bit decolored because of the use. I don=B4t =
know if this is just normal or is an indication of bad use.
The paint of "5" of the 2.5 feet mark on the focusing scale is lost.
Apart from that, it looks well, and the dealer has a very good =
reputation(I bought from them my used M6)

Could anybody tell me about the quality/performance of this lens. What =
do you think of the trade?
The 50mm costs new 840$. He was selling the 35mm for 833$.

Some people have asked me also about prices of gear in Spain. Here it =
goes a few.

New M6 body: 3020$
New Summicron 50 f/2 : 840$=20

Mint M6 body(the previous owner must have never have taken it out of his =
house. This is the one I got): 2170$
mint Summilux 35 f/1.4: 1270$
used Leica CL + 40 f/2: 905$
used R7 body:1810 - 1992$