Subject: Re: CL with 50mm
From: MSwiek@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 14:07:13 -0500 (EST)

I remember reading in Leica factory literature of the mid-late 1970's that
thre are some differences in the rangefinder cams of the "true" M lenses and
those made specificaly for the CL.  With regard to the 90mm lenses, the
literature stated that the minor differences in the rangefinders and cams (M
vs. CL) did not allow the full accuracy of focusing at wide apertures.
 Hence, the 90mm C lens was an f4, allowing a bit more slop in depth of
field.  I presume the same could be said for 50mm lenses at extreme apertures
of f1.4 and greater.