Subject: Re: M3 look-a-like = M6-J
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 08:10:11 -0800

Herbert, I agree with you completely on the quality of the M6J, but I do
not appreciate Leica's excessive price and its Leica Marketing
strategy.  Sure, it is a great camera,  BUT

Legendary Leica quality of the 50's and 60's and turned into just a
legend for the 90's.

Leica uses it reputation to overcharge whenever possible.  Take a long
hard look at its seemingly endless series of commemoratives as well as
the M6J.  I know of no other camera manufacturer which charges roughly 4
times the normal body price for a camera which has the high standards
that ALL of its cameras used to have 40 years ago.

The M6J should not be a special M6.   Rather it should be a standard M6
at a reasonable price for everyone.

Stephen Gandy