Subject: Re: The Oddmund/Alec Chronicles
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 23:50:30 -0800

alec@ibm.net wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 1997 22:25:06 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >   From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
> >   Date: Mon, 24 Feb 97 01:44:42 -0800
> >
> > >  Americans usually get offended when people tell it like it is. And shooting
> > >  the messenger doesn't change the reality.
> >
> >[...]
> >
> >But now that you have so obligingly characterized all Americans, I
> >think my point has been sufficiently well demonstrated.
> >

> Didn't he said USUALLY ?
> As T.S.Eliot put it, *humankind cannot bear very much reality*, and
> with Americans that goes double.
>
> Alec.

If Americans can't bear much reality, why would they invent and champion
the Internet as a tool to facilitate freedom of speech and exchange of
information and ideas---even if its drivel like American bashing?

If you guys want to start an Anti-American mailing list GREAT, go do it.
But THIS list is about Leicas.

Please keep on topic---the farther we get away from Leicas,
the more this list self destructs.

Stephen Gandy