Subject: Re: Noctilux Question
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 04:39:41 +0000

Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM> writes
>B/ do you want to use an absolutely incredible lens to give you pictures others
>can't unless they have one also.
>
>ted

Here's a Noctilux question for Ted and anyone else who uses one; when
buying one second hand, is there anything in particular to look out for
with one of these, or can one just do whatever one usually does when
looking at used Leica lenses? Is there anything particularly delicate or
that goes out of alignment or anything like that?

I've been reading this with some fascination and I just realised, if I
sell my 50mm Summilux-M and 50mm Summilux-R and something else, I might
even be able to afford one of these used and a bit scuffed. I'm a low
light junkie, I should have one of these. I know this now. It is very,
very clear to me now. How could I have been so unaware of my obvious
need for a Noctilux? It must be Noctilux denial. Take me to the dark
places, I want to make pictures...
- --
JB