Subject: Re: brain dead
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 08:15:25 -0500

At 11:51 PM 31-03-97 EST, Ted wrote:
[snip]

>It seems that if everyone had identicle monters then it would be a piece of
>cake.

This assumes that everybody sets the same contrast and brightness levels on
the monitors, and that the background room lighting is the same in all
situations.   In reality, some people crank these controls all the way up,
and some do the opposite.  It's hard to design a page to satisfy both sides.
It is true that some monitors only support 256 colours (or perhaps only 12,
for that matter), whereas my page (and most pages with colour photographs)
requires at least 64K of colours, but this isn't the issue I was alluding to.

Dan C.