Subject: Re: 50mm Summilux versions?????
From: Simon Ogilvie <edlsnoe@deep-thought.ericsson.se>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 15:27:02 BST

> Duane Birkey wrote:
>
> <When did they update the 50 Summilux (to the built-in hood, 46mm
> <filter)?
>
> 03/95 (LFI)
>
> <Did they update the optics along with the mechanical changes?
>
> NO ! Same optics sinds 1964, but coating was improved several time.

Is the same true of the 50 Summicron?  ie. Is the newest built-in hood lens
the same optically as the previous design?  I have a 50 Summicron serial
number 3541xxx - what year would that have been made, and what year was it
replaced by the built-in hood version?

Thanks,
Simon.
 Simon Ogilvie   -  UNIX Systems Supervisor
                    Ericsson Data Ltd., Guildford, UK
 simon@guildford.ericsson.se