Subject: Re: LEICA Fotografie magazine
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 16 Apr 97 15:52:42 EDT

Andy wrote:
<<<Another feature which I enjoy is the ease with which +/- adjustments can be
made for bracketing.  I thought I was going to need the heavy and clunky Motor
Drive (when it becomes avilable later in the year) in order to bracket easily.
But I find the lever action to be so easy that I may pass on both the motor or
winder and do it manually.>>>>>

Hi Andy,

I thought the same about how quickly you can bracket by just flicking your thumb
and after a few times it almost can be as quick and easy as a aoto-bracket
motor.

But I'll stick with the motors when they become available as not having it on
the R8 is just driving me crazy.

<<<The one thing I do miss from the earlier models was the hand grip that
covered the back of the hand so that it was virtually impossible to drop it when
hand-carrying. >>>>

For sure as it has always been a "security blanket" for me the way I charge
around some tmes.  Besides it just gives a very secure feeling when shooting at
slow shutter speeds.

And if anything the strap is an unfortunate loss.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant