Subject: M5 Meter System
From: "H. S. Lam" <hslam@chevalier.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:39:11 -0700

I am interested in buying an M5. However, I was told that the battery
for the M5 meter is different from that for the M6, and is out of
production, so that one would have to use the battery (which is slightly
larger) for M6, and that use of the larger M6 battery would eventually
break the screw-on cap of the battery compartment. Also parts for the M5
meter might not be available anymore.
Would anyone advise me whether the above is true and whether the M5 is a
good leica to have ?