Subject: Re: Leica M7
From: db <boise@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:45:10 -0400

Oddmund wrote:

>>Well, you can always bring some share batteries IF you are going far
away.  Batteries are light, small and easy to change. An electronic circuit
problem is as difficult to resolve as a mechanical breakdown IF you are in
the bush... In most bigger towns and cities you find repairmen who take
care of it.<<

>>You know, this mechanical vs. electronic camera "problem" is just another
imaginary difficulty,<<

>>I think there are no point here, but I often hear this argument,
especially from Leica fundamentalists and "Sunday Explorers". The most
fanatic about Leica "tanks" are those who really don't need such a "tank",
who just dream about traveling in the bush, mountain, desert, Polar
areas... There is nothing wrong about dreaming, but one "best camera"
doesn't exist. It depends upon what you want to do with your camera!<<

I don't recall saying the M6 was the ultimate camera for dependability.  I
thought what I said was that it is not obsolete in my opinion.  Be that as
it may, I have suffered more electrical failures than mechanical, just my
imagination perhpaps?  If an electronic camera is your cup of tea then that
is what you should use.

Don