Subject: Re: Auto vs Manual strobe
From: Harrison McClary <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 14:24:05 -0500

>"calling the color" has commented that the color
>seems to vary much less from negative to negative when shot on manual
>instead of "auto"
>strobe. I am just wondering if there is any scientific basis for this-is
>there receiprocity in the film that causes a color shift at shorter
>strobe durations or does the strobe itself shift in
>color temperature at diffrent durations(or are we just crazy?!).By the
>way,we do use Leica Cameras for our 35mm work.

Strobes do shift in color temp according to their output levels.  Most
strobes are color rated at maximum output.  When you are shooting below
maximum output most strobes shift to the warm side (color temp drops
sometimes by as much as 500 degrees K or more).

Harrison McClary
hmphoto@delphi.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto