Subject: Re: Leicaphilia
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 07:30:34

At 20:12 01/05/1997 -0400, Marc wrote:

>This is wandering a bit far afield, but I will point out that showering
>monies to philanthropic organizations isn't quite the same thing as
>actually DOING some good.  The two are worlds apart, both in spirit and in
>practice.

It is true, this is wandering a bit far afield. But when you say A and then
B, and it goes on, it is getting out of control. I think I leave the
subject like this. Everybody knows my points of view. It is rather
annoying, though, seeing my ideas transformed into something I have never
said, or interpreted in a rather 'simplistic' manner. (I am not missing any
points, Ted!)

Anyway, let us go back to photography, with Leicas, other rangefinders,
high end compact cameras, lenses and accessories. There will surely be
other digressions, but what can we do? We are living in an unpredictable
world!

Oddmund