Subject: Re: in-camera metering
From: Mike Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 18:25:34 -0400

Donal Philby wrote:
>  At the lab I had to
> push the Astia one stop to get it to match the polaroid.   I moaned to
> lab owner (a super guy and ex-Kodak tech rep) who immediately said,
> "Polaroid's not accurate test of exposure."  So I said how about three
> meters and a polaroid which all agree?  "Well, I don't know. "
>
> I don't either.
>
> Donal Philby
> San Diego
Well, Donal, I think Polaroid will be pretty disappointed to learn this
after all the effort that they have put into giving us a 100 speed color
and B&W material to check our compostion and exposure.  Certainly if my
meter and polaroid agree I feel safe with my exposure then bracket 2/3
stop over and under in 1/3 increments to cover processing variables.  Of
course thats fine in a studio or factory setting but probably a little
tough for you shooting from a speeding boat,eh?
Mike Gardner