Subject: Re: M-6 Meter battery takes 10mA
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 17:25:07 +0200

    >> christoph

    Luiz> Hello Cristoph Could you explain me better this technique of
    Luiz> mensuration of battery consumption. I think am with this problem in
    Luiz> my M6 and here in Brazil we don't have many technicians in Leica to
    Luiz> help me.  Thank you in advance,

Luiz,

you do NOT need a leica technician at all. All you need is an electrical
multimeter (as they are called here) to measure DC current (not only voltage).
Every radio or TV technician has one! The are rather cheap here about $10 or
something.

Now comes the procedure (it is handy to have a second person if you don't have
special cables):

1. Remove the battery; leave it in the lid of the battery compartment.
2. Switch the meter to something like A/DC or Ampere/DC
3. a) connect the outer part of the battery to your M6
      i.e. where the contact has been.
   b) connect the inner part (it has a bit the shape of a spring) from the
      battery compartment of the M6 to the meter.
   c) connect the other end of the meter to the inner part of the battery

What you have done is to put the meter in serial with the battery.

4.) Cock the shutter and start measuring.

If you have any problems, do not hesitate to contact me

christoph