Subject: Re: M6 sales idea
From: "bill erfurth" <photophoto@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 08:53:12 PDT

Hi Gang,

How about a SIMPLE, SEMI-electronic body.  It would have an electronic
shutter, an IR (infa-red) focus indicator, but you would still focus
manually, and maybe TTL flash.  There would be no AP, SP, or program
modes.

The idea is to get more bodies in the marketplace that use Leica lenses.
Lest we forget that John D. Rockefeller gave lamps to China to create a
market for his oil. That is the idea behind the $500 M6 rebate.  Leica
knows that for every body they sell, they will also sell X number of
lenses.  So I would argue that it would be more profitable to produce a
less  expensive SEMI-electronic body to sell in addition to the M6,
there by creating a new market for additional lens sales.

Regards,
Bill Erfurth
photophoto@hotmail.com