Subject: Re: The Leica Challenge Cup! Playoff!
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 18:54:01 -0400

At 03:33 PM 31-08-97 -0700, you wrote:
>Neat idea! But from the perspective of the darkroom, an 8x10 enlarged full
>frame could be a little too close to call, especially if all lenses were
>shot at optimum apertures. How about an 8x10 that is "cut" from what would
>be an 11x14 enlargement?  That larger size is where I begin to see the
>differences even between some of my Leica lenses.
>
>Gary Todoroff

The general gist of the LUGers who have contributed to this thread suggest
that it is more than just sharpness of image that distinguishes a Leica
picture from another.  I would rather print full frame, and include
everything.  The printing will be done with an APO Rodagon lens, and they
will be quite sharp.  Feel free to examine the prints with a loupe; the
film's grain will be sharp.  If you can't distinguish a Leica 8x10 original
print from a Minolta 8x10, I don't see how you can distinguish a printed
image in a book, which is how this whole thing started.

Also, I propose using colour film (Fuji Reala), though I could use B/W
(Tmax 100).

Dan C.