Subject: Re: Who's not so bright..........
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 11:47:47 -0500

At 09:20 AM 10/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Brighter is better in my opinion and if I can't focus in the matte area
>of the screen,  I might as well use a M camera.

Brighter is better if it doesn't also reduce focusing accuracy, which is
what happens with many SLR "bright" screens. The R8 does not have that
problem.

I have used split image rangefinder screens in my Leica R4s, R4s', R4sP and
R7. They work fine for me, but obviously not as accurate as the M6, which
is why I just bought an M6 with 35mm 1.4 Aspheric rather than an R8 and
35mm 1.4 Summilux R, even though the aspheric is only slightly better.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a
child.

Ron Wild