Subject: [Leica] Web site
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 98 15:13:21 -0800

Don,

I for one will be sad to see the web site go. I suppose it is a lot of work
to keep up to date, but it is great to be able to compare prices with those
whose reputation for fair evaluation of condition is well known. I have not
had good luck with mail order here in Australia, and have therefore
basically given it away. I just dig a little deeper and pay a bit more ;-)
It is however a better established "tradition" in the USA, and on the trips
I've made there, I've always found mail order to be of a very highest
level. If you do not have a web site, how can I find out your stock before
visiting in November? I am due to be in Chicago and would like to have the
option of buying if there is something which interests me.

Sorry for clogging up the e-Mail. I am learning in business [as you will be
aware] that you cannot please everyone, no matter how hard you try. I think
the friends you have and the support they have shown is enough to wash away
any tarnish, and I'll be  surprised if it hurts your business as much as it
may hurt your pride. I also suspect that the thread-- though well and
truely overblown, will continue to bounce around for a while. Best of luck,
keep smiling, there must me more rewards than pain if you have been around
for 30 years ;-)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,