Subject: RE: [Leica] Expecting too much from humans
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 08:21:39 -0700

What people tend to forget is that the "high-end" merchandise is either
totally or mostly hand made. By HUMANS. Humans have bad days and good days.
Family members die, kids graduate with honors. This doesn't happen with
manufacturing robots. However, hand made items should have a higher grade
of QC. To eliminate DOA merchandise. But alas, QC is also a HUMAN endeavor.
So just because it costs more and is hand made, it's not going to keep it
from becoming ill. One of the reasons that automatic manufacturing was
invented, was to get the emotional human out of the loop.

Jim