Subject: Re: [Leica] Offtopic: Hp Photosmart scanner
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 07:35:01 +0200

Hi Ferdinand,

I use this scanner, bought it in January. It is a very nice piece of
equipment. The scans are very good, and the quality of my output is more
limited by the printer and my limited knowledge of Adobe Photoshop than
by the scanner.

A full-frame scan of a slide or a negative will produce a file of about
22-24 MB. The dynamic range of the scanner is 3.0 (this is not
documented anywhere, I have it directly from HP). There are some
higher-end scanners for slides and negatives out there, but for the
price I think the Photosmart is hard to beat.

By the way, it also scans prints up to 5x7.

Nathan