Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder Cams (was Leica-Users List Digest V3 #114)
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@ms.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 13:34:55 +0900

- --------------A0CC1539777FC7FB4A477FC3

Paul C. Brodek wrote:

> Charles,
>
> I understand now what you meant regarding the "non-rotating" cam.  My
> Tele-Elmar 135/4.0 works the same way.  The CL/M difference, then, is
> not based on rotation, but whether the thingie (I'm getting
> anti-technical here!) engaging the rangefinder arm/wheel moves
> parallel to the lens mount (M) or at an angle (CL).

If you look closely at 50's, you may see that the ridge that contacts
the rangefinder arm is NOT perfectly perpendicular to the lens axis.
Apparently, Leitz changed the slope to match the lens.

This arrangement on C lenses is far cheaper than the complex double
helicoid solution on M lenses for non 50mm lenses.

- --
Ken Iisaka                     $B%b%k%,%s%9%?%s%l!<>Z7t2q<R(B
Morgan Stanley Japan, Limited  $B>pJs5;=QIt!!!!!!!!HS:d(B  $B7r(B
- --------------A0CC1539777FC7FB4A477FC3

begin:          vcard
fn:             Ken Iisaka
n:              Iisaka;Ken
org:            Morgan Stanley Japan, Limited
adr:            Yebisu Garden Place;;20-3, Ebisu 4-chome;Shibuya-ku;Tokyo;150-0068;Japan
email;internet: kiisaka@ms.com
tel;work:       +81 (0)3 5424 4434
tel;fax:        +81 (0)3 5424 4349
tel;home:       +81 (0)3 3721 7295