Subject: Re: [Leica] birthing - up date!
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 21:01:07 +0100

Lucien wrote:

>Come on, make the picture clearer!

Gee, Lucien I thought I had focused rather carefully! :)

>Which films and lenses ?
>
>Let me guess:
>
>Film T 400 CN
>M6 lenses: 35/1,4 Asph. and Noctilux
>R8 with R-80/1,4
>R7 with ?? I don't know
>maybe R-15/3,5 or R-280/2,8.

OK film you were close! But only part of the shooting wil be on T400CN,
only because I need the images for my Leica Lectures in October about "New
B&W films." The other film,  "real film" as B.D. Colen mentioned, will be
T-max 400 rated at 800, souped in T-max developer for 6 mins. @ 75 degrees.

As far as M lenses:  35 Asphrical, the other, Noctilux! :) The R8 with
winder, 15mm and R7 with motor & 70-180 2.8. (not likely to use this very
much, more as a "just in case I need to do something special")

As well, there's an M 90 Summicron (don't know that I'll ever use it, It's
just in the bag at the moment.)  and a few extra R lenses....just in case.
But not likely to ever come out of the bag! And yes one of them is the 1.4
80mm Summilux! :)

At the moment all is calm and waiting... having spoken with the mother to
be today she feels she wont do this naturally in the immediate moment! As
opposed to having a "C section" birth where it's just scheduled at 10 a.m.
on Monday morning  and I turn-up "wham bam thankyou ma'm!" :) And it's all
over. Or it could be another ten days..............BUT! :) With babies
arriving just on they're own schedule?  Hell I could have a call at
midnight to-night! :)

So all you expectant Leica surrogate father/photographers stay cool! :) My
gear is still by the door ready to go!! Hey you guys can take it easy and
read about it later, I'm the one who's going to make it or miss it! :)

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant