Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Summilux ASPH Horror Story...Cont.
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 19:00:48 -0400 (EDT)

> ...The computers in Jersey were down for three days, but Leica USA tells me
> now that they have examined the lens and will repair it. They say they will
> bill Solms, and that I should have my lens in about two weeks.
>
> ...And the check is in the mail. :)

Sorry to hear about your lens.  I have a similar story, but one that might
give you some encouragement.

I bought a new M6 body from a well known store in Boston.  Out of the
box, the meter was failing once in a while.  The problem grew worse,
and after a week, I tried to bring it back to the store for
replacement.  They basically told me to take it to warranty service.

I was expecting a slow repair process through Leica in NJ, but they
turned it around within two weeks, just as they had promised me,
and the problem was fixed.  They even voluntarily called me back
yesterday to verify that it was working, and that I was happy.  Yes
on both accounts.

Anyway, despite your problems with the 35/2, I think you can expect
good service from the repair department in NJ.  They were never hard
to get ahold of, and they followed through quite well.

Andrew

Notes:
- - Wyman: this isn't the body I sold you -- not to worry!
- - the Boston store took care of me eventually -- still on my good list.