Subject: [Leica] [OFF TOPIC] Mamiya 7
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 07:48:56 -0400

Tony Chang wrote:

"Hello LUGGERS:

I am wondering how many of you own/experience Mamiya 7?!  I love my M6 an=
M3 but sometimes I need to make big enlargements.

I tried Mamiya 7 the other day at the local shop.  Its feeling is just a
bigger Leica M6.  I need your comments.  Thanks.

PS:  The system I am looking for is Mamiya 7 + 43mm +150mm"

I use a Mamiya 7 for MF. I have not had a film in my Hasselblad since I
bought it. I have 43,80 and 150 lenses, all super. They even feel good.

Benefits:-
Small and light (for MF) my Mam7 + 80 is only 200gm heavier than my M6 50=

1.4 and Abrahamson winder
Incredibly quiet and vibration free, it seems as much quieter than a M6 a=
a M6 is than a R6.2.

Disadvantages
Minimum focus distance fairly long for 150 lens, giving coverage at minim=
um
focus the same as the 80.
Lenses VERY SLOW after a Leica. In fact in average light a fast film is
required in the Mam7 for hand held shots negating some of the benefit of
the larger negative.

Hope this helps
Frank