Subject: [Leica] Exhibit in Eureka
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 12:34:04 -0700

Just in case any LUG members are in the area, here is the copy of a recen=
press release from the Eureka Inn about my new exhibit. The photos were
taken mostly with M6 over the last couple of years and will be on display
at the hotel for at least a year. It has been quite a project, and very
well received by the Inn, which is one of the biggest hotels in the area
and a kind of social center for the community.

So here is an invite to the Redwoods for opening night on August 1, next
Saturday. Get out of the heat and enjoy our built in coastal air
conditioning (high temps of about 65 F lately).=20

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

North Coast Landscape Photographs Encourage Tourists=92 Stay

Eureka, CA, 7/15/98
The Eureka Inn today announced an exhibit by local photographer, Gary
Todoroff, that will encourage tourists to =93stay another day=94 to see t=
he
natural beauty of the North Coast. The color photographs are displayed in
the Inn Lobby as a collection called =93North Coast Classics, Distinctive
Light on Local Landscapes.=94 An opening reception for the exhibit will b=
hosted on Saturday, August 1, 1998 from 6 to 9 pm..
Detailed captions will be displayed with Todoroff=92s photographs, descri=
bing
the location of each local scene along with directions for driving there.=
copy of the directions is available in a brochure that hotel guests can
take with them to do a short day trip to the places depicted. For people
driving through on a tight schedule, the photos and brochure can inspire
them to come again on a more leisurely schedule.
Gary Todoroff has been a photographer for 30 years, mostly as a personal
endeavor to capture the unique combination of light, atmosphere and
landscape of the North Coast. He shoots color transparencies,  both 35mm
and 4x5 films, then he enlarges them using the Ilfochrome (Cibachrome)
process, known for it brilliant rendition of color and for archival
properties exceeding 100 years for the prints. =93I don=92t make photogra=
phs,=94
he said, =93I take them as special gifts, when grace, light and grandeur
coincide for a brief moment  that I have been privileged  to notice and
share.=94=20
Visitors are welcome to the opening reception and to visit throughout the
year as new photographs are presented at the Eureka Inn exhibit.=20