Subject: Re: [Leica] On Photographic Seeing
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 20:24:08 EDT

Joseph:
I don't think that you are by yourself on this one.  It happens to me
frequently.  I am constantly looking for subjects in the area that I am
familiar.  Others come to visit and go "ga ga" over the photographic
opportunities.  I am constantly looking through travel magazines for different
places to visit. Just doesn't make sense, does it?

When I become bored I always break out my macro equipment and a whole new
world opens up.  Some of the work that I am most proud is from our back yard.
Another thing opens my eyes!   I often get up very early and drive through the
countryside at day break.  Absolutely another world.  Also, I am becoming
interested in very long lenses to take pictures of animals.  A day at the zoo
with a 400-500 lense allows you to do some very interesting close ups.

Good luck.
BOB

<< s a first challenge (albeit a small one) for Curt Miller, or anyone willing
 to comment, I would like to know what exercises photographers who "can’t see
 the forest for the trees" employ .  In other words, how can one keep sharp
 in spotting a potential photograph among the mundane.
 When I travel I find all I see to be exotic while in my home surroundings I
 tend to became blase at seeing the same haunts day after day.