Subject: [Leica] Ilford CAP-40S Cibachrome processor
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 14:01:28 -0700

I am know the proud owner of a CAP-40S color print processor, after finding
it on the Internet (where else?) and driving down yesterday to get it in
Richmond,CA, . Seeing as how Leica users like to get the most out of their
equipment, I was wondering if anyone on the LUG has had much experience
with a CAP-40?

This thread might belong more properly on a darkroom group, but since it
will be used to enlarge Leica 'chromes thru a Leitz V35 Focomat, well, why
not start with the most knowledgeable group first!

For those who aren't familiar, the CAP-40 is an enclosed, three-tank
processor that takes up to 16x20 size Cibachromes, using a conveyor system
of rollers to give you a finished print in six minutes. I have been
baby-sitting a JOBO rotary drum processor at almost twice that time per
print, so this should be a real joy to use. Ilford has not made them for
almost 10 years, and the "used" unit I bought has actually never been used
- - it has just been in storage since purchased new several years ago - quite
a find for this "drum-weary" darkroom fanatic.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone with CAP-40 experience.

Gary Todoroff
 Eureka, CA

- ----------
> From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] End of the line
> Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 9:03 PM
>
> Erwin, Say it ain't so. I would miss your expertise and knowledge of
Leica.
> The LUG would be diminished by your absense. There is a need for
technical
> knowledge to off -set our own sometimes emotional judgements on things
> "Leica". Of course we can't all agree on everything and occasionally we
cant
> agree on anything, but thats what makes the LUG interesting. As for a
learning
> curve, most photographers have a slow learning ability. Most of the time
we
> keep repeating the same mistake, but we also learn to compensate for it.
Your