Subject: Re: [Leica] Content-Type: text/plain
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 20:55:15 -0500

At 05:49 PM 9/10/98 -0700, you wrote:

>scrubbing the stuff off in a panic).  I guess I just need some assurance
>here... I didn't damage the glass did I?  I guess shooting some test
>slides would help, but I need some reassurance (or otherwise) right
>now!! Thanks in advance...

Don't worry, if you can't see any damage, there isn't any. The propellant
from compressed air isn't going to etch the surface. Leica's coatings are
pretty tough. The only thing to worry about with compressed air is that it
gets real cold when using it in long spurts. It has been known to crack
glass from the fast drop in temperature. Espeically susceptible is some low
dispersion glass I'm told.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Capt'n! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse