Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica luxus
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 20:35:20 +-200

Dear Luggers,

we have a lots suspect dealers here in Germany on flea-markets
dealing with "Leicas" among other goods. Most of those dealers
are Polish, and this is where those "Leicas" come from.
(I don't want to offend any particular people, but it is simply a fact that
these dealers are polish. Last week, 21 of them were arrested at a
Munich flea-market by customs investigators.) I have seen their
"Leicas" often: Yes, they do gold-plate Zorkis, put new top plates
on them. Also common are Zorkis with a top plate showing a
"Leica" sign and a "Luftwaffe" engraving and other Nazi emblems.
These products are not good enough to cheat a real Leica collector.
Anyone who has ever owned a Leica camera will recognize by
turning the dials, cocking and releasing the shutter, that this is
not a Leica. Possibly, some of these products may find their way
to the US or Japan also. Don't buy via Internet, without having hold
the item in your hand before.

Regards,

Gerd