Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIf
From: James and Linda Harrison <leica@wf.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:33:14 -0500

Stephen Kobrin wrote:  I wonder how many of us
> use older Leicas with lenses of the same vintage regularly.  I use
> the IIIf and an M3 and my "newest" lens is a DR Summicron of late 60s
> vintage.  While I have no doubts that the newer lenses are much
> superior  in terms of contrast, detail and color rendition, I like the
> using the older equipment.
I use my IIIf for business; portraits of USAF graduates..So far, none have guessed the
camera is decades older than they are.  I think I have figuired out the problem with my
prints..they almost look pastel..the negs are 2 to 2.5 stops too thin.  Speeds must be
off..Love these old cameras.  Cheers and good light;;jh