Subject: Re: [Leica] DOF and focusing
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:47:25 -0700

> I think it's a
>>real shame that they were left off the Tri-Elmar. WA photos at small
>>aperatures is where DOF marks are the most usefull and this is precisely
>>what the Tri-Elmar is used for.
>>

>That would be an engineering feat. Having changeable DOF marks. If they
>made them in different colors... what a nightmare!
>>Jim

What I had in mind was a single distance scale on the focussing ring and 3
separate sets of DOF marks on an adjacent 'zooming' ring set up so that the
right set of DOF marks would line up with the distance scale. This was
probably rejected as beind to clutered like you alude, or maybe this would
have necesitated the travel on the zooming ring to be too large to prevent
the DOF scales from overlaping.