Subject: Re: [Leica] Focomat 1c question.
From: Mary & Stan Kephart <kephartol@att.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 98 00:11:31 -0500

>I'm looking at a couple of Focomat 1c's for sale.  One has an Elmar lens.
>Does anyone know how this compares to the Focotar?  The other has a factory
>issued Componar f4.5...does anyone know how this compares to the Focotar?
>One other question...One needs a new power chord.  Is this fixable or should
>I pass.
>
>Thanks for the help.
>Sincerely,
>Gabe

Hi Gabe,

A couple of months ago I was looking at 1c's too and called Leica USA in
Northvale, N.J.  Niels Thorsen sent me out a big envelope full of info.
Since I didn't end up buying a 1c, I passed the info on to another LUGger
who needed it.  I seem to remember that the Elmar could be used, but with
some sort of adjustment ring, which might be discontinued.  It'd be best
to call Leica for this, IMHO.

Mary