Subject: Re: [Leica] Musings on the role of photography and a question about what you shoot and why
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 22:25:25 -0600

>Perhaps ironically, this does *not* mean that Adams was a better artist
>than Evans or Smith, or that either mode of seeing is more valid. Just
>that a largely aesthetic vision is not necessarily a limitation,
>provided that the artist is following his or her own vision as
>truthfully as possible.

I think you are right. In fact, Adams was so good at what he did that he
not only was accepted as one of the greatest artists of the 20th century,
(not photographers, note) but he also was popular with average folks.
That's quite a feat. Of course, I think use Westerners tend to relate more
to his vision and subject matter more than some from back East. :-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch