Subject: Re: [Leica] Project '99 ? a picture a day!
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 15:12:45 -0500

- --------------FAF87C4E325D78F71333FE3D

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
SNIP
>I think that I am going to bail out of the project, because I feel obliged
> to go out and take a picture even though I do not feel like photographing today.
> That is scary--this is what work feels like, and I do not want my photography to
> become "work".
>
> Nathan

Nathan,

I know how you feel. You should try doing it for a living for real. You
have to be creative and inspired and fresh and trying to make photos
that no one else could make as well as trying not to repeat what you've
already done on other jobs or assignments.

That's what I have my Leicas for. When it starts to feel like work I
take one of my Leicas (which I keep loaded with film only for myself)
and go wandering. I keep it with me even when I'm running errands or
just going to the bar. These are my photos. Not client photos. Then you
rediscover what it is you love about photography.

If it helps take the pressure off don't worry about a meaningful photo a
day. Consider, as others are doing, one a week. Make it fun and make it
a chronology.

Carl Socolow
- --------------FAF87C4E325D78F71333FE3D

begin:vcard