Subject: Re: [Leica] vario-elmar 4.5/75-200
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 22:06:49 +0100

At 8:18 PM +0100 99.1.18, Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:
>I have the opportunity to buy a mint vario-elmar 75-200 for peanuts (380 USD).
>Is it worth a try ?
>What about the optical quality of the Minolta lenses ?
>Thanks for the info.

Hi, Dominique.

I have used neither this lens nor the other version (70-210?) but had used
Varioelmar 35-70 (made by Minolta) for several years.  It was not "razor"
sharp but produced comfortable images with warm tones (far better than
current cheap zoom lenses IMO).  This character should be found in the
longer one.  (You do not expect it to rival the new 80-200/4 by Kyocera, do
you?)  I sometimes look over old pictures taken with Minolta MC lenses and
find them not bad at all. ;-)

All the best,

Mikiro Mori
Strasbourg, Europe