Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw Mount Lens
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:44:50 -0600 (CST)

Hello Group/Marc James Small.....

I read with interest your comments on LTM lenses....I agree, but
think the MECHANICAL construction of the Russian lenses limits their
long time usefulness.....maybe not.....

I wonder (and this is neither a flame nor a troll)  about your
comment about "Nikon and Canon- let's not go there"...........

Do you own audio equipment?  Do you own Japanese audio equipment/
shortwave radio/etc?   I have in recent years tried to use American
made audio and ham radio equipment exclusively, not because of
any dislike of the Japanese gear, but I don't like the trade imbalance.
Also, the Japanese manufacturers seem only to support their products
for 5 years or so after discontinuance......
My major exceptions are Nikon (lifelong user, mechanical only,
all models from S2 thru F2) and my CD player (a high-end, tho
dated model from the "ES" series.....

I wonder if your distaste for Japanese cameras and lenses extends
to consumer electronics, cars, etc........and comments
from others welcome, of course....

Walt in Denton,Tx.