Subject: Re: [Leica] Variable Contrast CLH
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 00:43:04 -0800

Bill Franson wrote:

> >At 08:02 AM 1/27/99 +0500, you wrote:
>         I have used the Zone VI VC cold light head with the Zone VI Compensating
> >Enlarger Timer and have experienced absolutely none of the problems that
> >Bill experienced.  I am not sure what the difference was in our setups but
> >I certainly do not go through a warm up period before each exposure.  All
> >exposures are identical with no lamp head drift and when making multiple
> >prints all are identical.  Perhaps the timer makes the difference.
snip
> In light of these discussions, and differing experiences, I suggest that
> anyone interested in the Zone VI VC head call or e-mail them with
> questions. Ask specifically about timers and printing proceedures, perhaps
> electrical service requirements. But if I had $1000 burning a hole in my
> pocket I would put it toward a Summicron.
>
> Bill Franson

From what I see we have about three people who aren't pleased with the
zone 6 and at least one who swears by it. My thought to the disgruntled
zone 6'ers is try the Aristo before you give up on Cold light. Nothing
beats a negative that you know isn't going to pop and doesn't need a
glass carrier. I've had no problems with mine, and it costs about half
as much I think.
Mark Rabiner