Subject: [Leica] Re: Polarizing Filter
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:24:57 -0800

The clerk is absolutely totally wrong. The partial silver reflector that
directs the exposure light to the photocell within the R cameras acts like
a polarizer. Pitting a linear polarizer on your lens will block most, if
not all of the light from getting to the cell, thus giving you an improper
reading. All Leica R cameras REQUIRE a circular polarizer. That's why Leica
makes them.

Some autofocus systems require a circ polarizer, some don't.

Jim