Subject: RE: [Leica] Buying R8,need advice on lenses conclusion
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 07:42:43 -0800

Maybe he has a budget to consider too!

- -----Original Message-----
From: Alexander [mailto:mediadyne@hol.gr]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 1999 4:56 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

I asked for advice on lenses to go with a  new R8 a few weeks ago and got

alot of useful info, including suggestions that I not buy an R8. I think

thats pretty amazing on a Leica list, and I do appreciate the info. I

decided to buy an F4s. I looked at a used one and a new R8 together and

liked the f4 better tho it is a chunk. I have a very nice collection of

nikkor lenses which made the decision easier. thanks again for your help and

advice.

Steve

ps. I have a Nikon FE2 with md11 for $350.00 if anyones interested.

Is this a joke? The R8 is a superb camera, perhaps the best SLR ever made.
I keep hearing how some people have had problems with some of them, well I
own 1, and used 2 different ones at work (I use them exclusively there), and
not one of them has a single problem since purchased.
But please..... comparing the F4 to the R8......Well whats next comparing an
88 Accord with a brand new Mercedes?
I also use the F5 at work, which I must admist is an excellent camera,
again, one of the top in its "category", probablt the best AF SLR, and I can
see how you might have gone there over the R8, but not the F4.

- --
Regards,
Alexander

http://www.mediadyne.gr/photos  <http://www.mediadyne.gr/photos>