Subject: Re: [Leica] Ebay beauties...black M3, MD-post + M6J +...
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 10:30:47 EST

Thomas, please, not K 15S. KS-15(4) to be precise, or KS-15 for short.  Please
see my article on the KS-15 "Forgotten Soldier" in LHSA Viewfinder29/2.  In my
article I sight Lager's serial number ranges of  1163150-1163770 and
1164046-1164300 in a production run in 1966.  I have seen no reliable
information which would contradict Jim's information.  The production run of
M2-R's exceeded both that of the KS-15 and the KE-7A.  The KS-15 was supplied
as part of an outfit in a #14 807 Leica Universal Carrying Case III with a
modified insert and special ID plate affixed to its top flap.  It is also most
interesting to note that the KS-15 camera introduced the Rapid Loading System
at least a full year before the M4!  In my article, I posed the question, was
this rapid load system already in development at Leitz when the KS-15 camera
was contracted for, or was this something the US military requested to be
included in the camera?  I still have no answer to this question.
Army Technical manual TM 11-6720-244-12 describes the function and use of the
KS-15 system.
Please e-mail me if I can answer any other questions about this camera.

Bill Rosauer